Pioneer Balloon Company - Makers of Qualatex balloons
From: balloons@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:25:52 -0800
To: "balloondeco@balloonhq.com" <balloondeco@balloonhq.com>
Subject: Tidbit from our local rag !!

Runaway Inflation

The "Times of London" reported in December that Cheltenham, England,
shopkeeper Samantha Munns had punctured her thigh two weeks earlier when
she fell on the nozzle of a balloon-inflating cannister.  Within
seconds, enough helium gas (inert, nonpoisonous) had entered the
subcutaneous tissue in her leg and abdomen to cause them to swell
(painfully) to twice their normal size. Munns was treated at Cheltenham
General Hospital by physician alison Moon, who said she could only find
one other similar case in medical textbooks.  The doctor told Munns to
rest while the gas dissipated.

Quoted from "The Orlando Weekly"

GOD, something else to worry about !!!!! bill